Do you have a passion for public libraries? Are you keen to use your marketing and media skills to promote libraries and library services? If so, the Chinook Arch Regional Library System would like to hear from you! We are looking for a Media Specialist to join our dynamic, collaborative team. The Media Specialist will design digital and print materials, including newsletters, posters, brochures, videos, etc., and ensure that website content is attractive and relevant. In collaboration with Chinook Arch staff and the Board’s Marketing Committee, the successful candidate will assist in the research, development, implementation, and evaluation of marketing and communication strategies for promoting library services.
The Successful Candidate will have:
• A diploma or degree in Marketing, Communications, New Media, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products
• Knowledge of video production software and techniques
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity software
• Demonstrated communication and project management skills
• Familiarity with web-based Content Management Systems and social media platforms
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in the areas of marketing and communications
• A portfolio of recent, relevant projects
• Knowledge of public library services (especially in rural library services) is a strong asset
• Valid class 5 Alberta Driving License with a three year good driving record
This is a one-year full-time term position, with possibility of extension.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to:
Lisa Weekes, Manager of Public Services
Review of applications will begin on January 17, 2018. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A full job description is available upon request.
Chinook Arch is committed to inclusive and barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments, and will endeavor to address any need for accommodation for candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process. Persons of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given to citizens and permanent residents of Canada.