Chinook Arch Regional Library System is seeking a positive and enthusiastic Associate Director to join its senior leadership team. Located in Lethbridge, Alberta, on the traditional territory of the Blackfoot People (Treaty 7), Chinook Arch supports a network of 33 urban and rural public libraries in the southwestern corner of the province. Chinook Arch is proud of its reputation as a forward-thinking library system, and we want you to join us in our mission to foster thriving libraries and thriving communities through collaboration and innovation!
This permanent, full-time position will appeal to a candidate with the following interests and aptitudes:
- Enthusiasm for public libraries, especially in a rural setting
- An interest in community-led strategic planning and board governance
- A keen eye for fund and partnership development
- A positive outlook and relentless curiosity
- Demonstrated success working in a strongly team-oriented environment
- A flexible mindset and a strong customer service ethic
The successful candidate will have an MLS or MLIS degree from an accredited institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A strong knowledge of public library services is an asset. Experience working with governing boards, either in the library or non-profit sector is an asset, as is your demonstrated success in progressively responsible supervisory roles.
Roles associated with this position may include:
- Supporting and mentoring members of the various service areas at Chinook Arch
- Participating in policy development and strategic planning
- Acting as a liaison to community agencies and partners
- Pursuing grants and partnership opportunities that enhance Chinook Arch’s service offerings
- Assisting with budgeting and financial management
- Acting in an advisory capacity to the board and its committees
- Assuming Acting CEO duties when required
- Other duties that align with the candidate’s interests and the needs of the System
This is a full-time (36.5 hrs/week) position based in Lethbridge, Alberta. Chinook Arch is a progressive employer with family-friendly policies, flexible scheduling, and a competitive benefits program. This position will require some evening and (rarely) weekend work. Chinook Arch supports ongoing professional development, and encourages its staff to participate in relevant associations and organizations.
The salary range for this position is $78,685 - $118,031.
For more information about Chinook Arch, please visit www.chinookarch.ca. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF document to Chinook Arch CEO Robin Hepher (he/him) at email@example.com. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Review of applications will be begin on September 18, 2023.
Chinook Arch acknowledges that it operates in the traditional territory of the Blackfoot people. Chinook Arch is committed to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments, and will endeavor to address any need for accommodation for candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process. Persons of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Chinook Arch Regional Library System does not use services like Upwork or any other online hiring resource to recruit freelancers. All recruiting and hiring is done directly through Chinook Arch.